If you're looking to make a printing jig got pad printing, these step-by-step instructions will show you how!
Jig Making Supplies
- Fixture Putty
- Hardener Gel
- Pad Printer Table
- Printable Item
Making a Printing Jig
- Take a golf ball size of fixture putty.
- Place the putty on your palm.
- Using the Hardener Gel Tube, pour 3 to 4 inches (8 - 10 cm) out onto putty. (Note: The Amount of hardener you use will determine how fast your putty will harden. Use putty and hardener gel accordingly.
- Mix the gel into the putty for around 45 seconds until the gel is completely dissolved with the putty.
- Place the putty on the print table and mold it to fit flush on the pad printer table. Put your printable item on the putty and make a deep mold. Set for 2 minutes.
- Finally, let the printable item and the putty sit for about 6 minutes until the Fixture Putty has completely hardened.
- -Remove the printable item and you are finished.